IRISS VPT Round Infrared Windows for Electrical Inspection
Reduce the risk of arc-flash by performing thermal inspections without opening switchgear doors.
The IRISS VPT round infrared windows features a reinforced, visually clear polymer window that is fully infrared transmissible. Unlike other windows, the IR transmissivity will not degrade over time. These windows also feature a hinged, metal cover and come in three sizes:
- VPT-50 – 2″ diameter viewing window
- VPT-75 – 3″ diameter viewing window
- VPT-100 – 4″ diameter viewing window
IRISS VPT Window Product Highlights:
- Safe: Conduct IR inspections without opening enclosures
- Certified: IRISS windows have been independently tested and certified to every applicable standard proscribed by UL and IEEE
- Durable: VPTwindows have been successfully tested as an installed component in arc-resistant enclosures at up to 63kA, 15kV for 30 cycles at 60Hz per IEEE C37.20.7 Type 2B. There is no safer or more durable window.
- Affordable: Our reinforced polymer windows are less expensive than crystal windows
- Readily available: Windows are in stock for delivery when you need them (call us for urgent order processing)
- Versatile: We offer not only conventional round windows, but also rectangular panes to 24″ wide and custom designs
- Guaranteed: Unconditional lifetime warranty. We will replace any window that fails for any reason for life
Installation of IRISS windows is easy. Each window comes with a stick-on template, that precisely identifies the area to cut out, and where to drill bolt holes. Simply cut out the template, sandwich the window over the opening and tighten the supplied bolts to secure.