Dakota Ultrasonics ZX-5 Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge
0.025 - 36.000 inches
0.63 - 914.4 mm
Measuring Range on Steel (with standard T-102-2000 probe)
0.040 - 8.00 inches
1.00 - 199.9 mm
The Dakota ZX-5 Wall Thickness Gauge accurately measures wall thickness and the extent of corrosion of all metals, ceramics, glass and most rigid plastics - from only one side! It can measure thickness up to 36 inches (915 mm), depending upon the material and transducer.
The ZX-5 is supplied with a USB-C port for transfer of a single data value to a PC or desired data collection program. It does NOT have any built-in memory.
The ZX-5 permits the operator to select from 8 preset materials as well as program 2 custom material velocities, plus allows free adjustment of the velocity as desired and allows the end-user to calibrate to a sample of known thickness where the velocity is automatically calculated. Additionally, to optimize linearity over a wide range, the user can perform a 2 point calibration to two samples of known thickness. The optimal velocity is automatically calculated to provide the highest accuracy and linearity between the low and high calibration points.
The TI-25DLX can be used in a Single Thickness Reading mode or in a Scan mode , where the probe is dragged over a large measuring area. The minimum thickness reading recorded during the "scan" will be displayed.
The ZX-5 probe is waterproof and can be submerged in water. The gauge is impact-resistant and environmentally sealed (IP65) to provide trouble-free operation under the toughest field conditions.
- User can select from 8 preset materials as well as program 2 custom material velocities
- Calibrate to a sample of known thickness which automatically calculates the optimal acoustic velocity
- 2-Point Calibration to optimize linearity over a wide measurement range, automatically calculates the optimal acoustic velocity
- Scan mode, 100 readings/sec. Probe is slid over a large measuring area, the minimum thickness during the "scan" will be displayed
- Hi/Low Alarm Limits with Visual Indicator of Out of Tolerance Readings
- Adjustable GAIN in 5 steps to fine tune the gauge for use on challenging materials or applications
- Special-purpose probes are offered for a variety of applications (1 to 10 MHz)
- The extruded aluminum housing is impact-resistant and environmentally sealed (IP 65)
to provide trouble-free operation under the toughest field conditions
- For underwater surveying, an optional 50 ft (15 meter) underwater probe/cable is available
- High visibility LCD Display is readable in all lighting conditions and temps as low as 22 °F (-30 °C)
- LCD shows Thickness Value, Velocity Setting, Gain Setting, Stability & Battery Indicators, Scan Mode, Zero, units and stored data
- Single value data output via USB port
- Selectable Backlight ON/OFF/AUTO
- 5 Year Warranty, CE-Certified and Made in USA
- User-selected Manual or Auto Zero of Transducer
- Switch-selected units for inches or mm with Resolution of 0.001 inch (0.01 mm)
- Includes NIST Traceable Calibration Certificate