Dakota Ultrasonics ZX-1 Ultrasonic Wall Thickness Gauge
0.025 - 36.000 inches
0.63 - 914.4 mm
Measuring Range in Steel (with standard T-102-2000 probe)
0.040 - 8.00 inches
1.00 - 199.9 mm
The Dakota ZX-1 will hold a single velocity, making it the perfect choice applications where only one material is being tested day after day. With the preset velocity in the gauge, you simply turn it on and go to work.
The ZX-1 allows the operator to adjust the acoustic velocity (speed of sound through a given material) from 0.0120 to .7300 in/μs. 305 to 18,542 meters/sec to calibrate the gauge for use on a wide variety of materials. The programmed velocity can be locked to prevent accidental adjustment. Typically used on applications where a single material type is tested.
It is designed for measuring wall thickness and the extent of corrosion on a wide range of materials. It is commonly used for checking the thickness of pipes, tanks, plates and other objects. It is designed and built to withstand harsh industrial conditions and is backed by a 5 year limited warranty.
- Includes NIST Traceable Calibration Certificate
- 5 Year Warranty, CE-Certified and Made in USA
- Resolution of 0.001 inch (0.01 mm)
- Switch-selected units for inches or mm
- Selectable Backlight ON/OFF/AUTO
- Acoustic Velocity (calibration) is manually adjusted via the keypad
- Special-purpose probes are offered for a variety of applications (1 to 10 MHz)
- The Transducer (probe) is waterproof and can be submerged in shallow water
- The extruded aluminum housing is impact-resistant and environmentally sealed (IP 65)
to provide trouble-free operation under the toughest field conditions
- For underwater surveying, an optional 50 ft (15 meter) underwater probe/cable is available
- High visibility LCD Display is readable in all lighting conditions and temps as low as 22 °F (-30 °C)
- LCD shows Thickness Value, Velocity Setting, Stability Indicator, Battery Indicator and units
- Operates on two (2) AA Batteries - 45 hours continuous operation