- Proper Lubrication: Under-greasing and over-greasing both shorten the life of bearings. With the SDT 270 you can be sure you’re lubricating only when, and as much as needed – maximizing the life of your bearings.
- Alarms: With the SDT Ultranalysis Software, know when a bearing is ready for lubrication. You can even detect early bearing wear.
- Easy to Use: With minimal training, an SDT 270 user can monitor and correctly lubricate any bearing. Route-based condition monitoring and airborne leak detection are similarly easy to perform.
- Variety of Sensors: Choose what works best for you and your plant. Connect directly to a zerk adapter, use our magnetic sensor directly on the bearing, or a contact probe to work in tight spaces.
- Versatile Technology: With the SDT 270 you can: monitor bearings for wear and lubrication status, properly lubricate bearings, locate compressed air leaks, inspect steam and hydraulic systems and detect electrical issues.
Applications of Ultrasonic Inspection include:
- Leak detection in compressed air and other gas systems
- Bearing condition monitoring (even low speed bearings and gearboxes)
- Ultrasound based lubrication
- Steam trap inspection
- Detecting valve leaks
- Pump cavitation
- Electrical corona
- Much, much more
The SDT 270 represents an evolution for Predictive Maintenance (PdM) Professionals and incorporates many “firsts” to ultrasonic inspection. Significant aspects of the SDT 270 include:
- Route-based inspection capability
- Built in IR temperature sensor and laser tachometer
- Accelerometer interface for vibration measurement
- Built-in .wav file recording
- Dual channel inputs means you can record static (dBuV) and dynamic ultrasound measurements, RPM and temperature, and even acceleration without exchanging sensors. All external sensors connect via coiled cable for safe and convenient measurement.
- Powerful UAS software is an SQL database for the PC that is integrated into the 270 for managing route based surveys, and collected data. Alarms, trends, and flexible reporting can be a powerful part of your condition monitoring program.
- New proprietary contact sensors are repeatable within 1 dBuV
- Upgradeable Platform
Of course not everyone needs all of the available capabilities, so we offer six base formats with full upgradeability:
- 270SB is a basic static measurement tool without storage capability
- 270SS is a basic static measurement tool with measurement storage, but no PC communication.
- 270SD is a basic static measurement tool with measurement storage, and the ability to download data to Excel
- 270SU is a basic static measurement tool with measurement storage, and full integration with Ultranalysis Suite (UAS Static) software
- 270DD has both static and dynamic measurement and storage, and the ability to download to Excel
- 270DU has both static and dynamic measurement and storage, and full integration with Ultranalysis Suite (UAS Dynamic) software
UAS manages the collection, processing, and analysis of data measured by the SDT270. It’s a library to store and organize info that’s easy to retrieve. UAS manages static data (dBμV, °C or °F, RPM, SCFM, dBA), as well as dynamic data (ultrasound signals for time and spectrum analysis). UAS’s tree structure allows for as large a database as you need, with the ability to organize smaller surveys so you can set your own pace. Synchronous databases resident on both your PC and your SDT270 allows on-the-fly creation of survey points.
We also offer a variety of external contact, airborne, and even non-ultrasound sensors are available to provide a custom system for your plant.