Air leaks, steam traps bearings and lubrication...Ultrasound is a versatile and effective tool for monitoring the health of many industrial systems. It is excellent as a stand alone technology, or combined with other technologies such as vibration and infrared. Applications include:
- Leak detection in compressed air and other gas systems
- Bearing condition monitoring (even low speed bearings and gearboxes)
- Ultrasound based lubrication
- Steam trap inspection
- Detecting valve leaks
- Pump cavitation
- Electrical corona
- Much, much more
The SDT 270 represents an evolution for PdM professionals and incorporates many "firsts". Significant aspects of the SDT 270 include:
- Built in IR temperature sensor and laser tachometer
- Built-in .wav file recording
- Dual channel inputs means you can record static (dBuV) and dynamic ultrasound measurements, RPM and temperature, and even acceleration without exchanging sensors. All external sensors connect via coiled cable for safe and convenient measurement.
- Powerful UAS software is an SQL database for the PC that is integrated into the 270 for managing route based surveys, and collected data. Alarms, trends, and flexible reporting can be a powerful part of your condition monitoring program.
- New proprietary contact sensors are repeatable within 1 dBuV
Of course not everyone needs all of the available capabilities, so we offer six base formats with full upgradeability:
- 270SB is a basic static measurement tool without storage capability
- 270SS is a basic static measurement tool with measurement storage, but no PC communication.
- 270SD is a basic static measurement tool with measurement storage, and the ability to download data to Excel
- 270SU is a basic static measurement tool with measurement storage, and full integration with Ultranalysis Suite (UAS Static) software
- 270DD has both static and dynamic measurement and storage, and the ability to download to Excel
- 270DU has both static and dynamic measurement and storage, and full integration with Ultranalysis Suite (UAS Dynamic) software
A variety of external contact, airborne, and even non-ultrasound sensors are available to provide a custom system for your plant.
I have a full demonstration kit for the 270 package. To schedule a demonstration or request a quote, call or use our contact us form.